×
New York Fashion Week

New York Fashion Week

There has to be a balance between your mental satisfaction and the financial needs of your company. Fashion never stops. There is always the new project, the new opportunity. What I hate is nasty, ugly people. Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind. Online media is increasingly influential in fashion.


I am not interested in shock tactics. I just want to make beautiful clothes. I am no longer concerned with sensation and innovation, but with the perfection of my style. Fashion can be this mysterious thing that you can't explain. Fashion fosters cliches of beauty, but I want to tear them apart. I try as much as possible to give you a great basic product and what comes out, I feel, is really amazing.

I think God is the most fantastic designer. Nostalgia is a very complicated subject for me. I'm attracted by nostalgia but I refuse it intellectually. You can only go forward by making mistakes. Instead of buying six things, one thing that you really like. Don't keep buying just for the sake of it. Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury.

I am what I am. Before I was not so proud to make fashion. My family thought fashion wasn't very interesting. So I hid that. I have my favourite fashion decade, yes, yes, yes: '60s. It was a sort of little revolution; the clothes were amazing but not too exaggerated. Clothes can transform your mood and confidence. I like to be real. I don't like things to be staged or fussy. I like to be real. I don't like things to be staged or fussy.

No comments