×
Céline Dion Takes Paris in the Best Couture Looks of the Season | Video

Céline Dion Takes Paris in the Best Couture Looks of the Season | Video

Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. It's hard to balance everything. It's always challenging. Fashion never stops. There is always the new project, the new opportunity. I don't care about money. I really don't care. I just want to do what I do. I have my favourite fashion decade, yes, yes, yes: '60s. It was a sort of little revolution; the clothes were amazing but not too exaggerated.


I have my favourite fashion decade, yes, yes, yes: '60s. It was a sort of little revolution; the clothes were amazing but not too exaggerated. Awkwardness gives me great comfort. I've never been cool, but I've felt cool. I've been in the cool place, but I wasn't really cool - I was trying to pass for hip or cool. It's the awkwardness that's nice. Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity. It is difficult to talk about fashion in the abstract, without a human body before my eyes, without drawings, without a choice of fabric - without a practical or visual reality. Women are women, and hurray for that.

Aligned on the left
An evening dress that reveals a woman's ankles while walking is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. Instead of buying six things, one thing that you really like. Don't keep buying just for the sake of it. It pains me physically to see a woman victimized, rendered pathetic, by fashion. It's useless to send models out on the runway to cry. My breakfast is very important.
Aligned on the right
Fashion never stops. There is always the new project, the new opportunity. Clothes can transform your mood and confidence. I think there is something about luxury - it's not something people need, but it's what they want. It really pulls at their heart. What I hate is nasty, ugly people. Today, I'm very happy about myself, because I realized my dreams. I learned how to understand what people want.

We look our best in subdued colors, sophisticated cuts, and a general air of sleek understatement. Fashion moves so quickly that, unless you have a strong point of view, you can lose integrity. I am always locked in my design studio. Luxury will be always around, no matter what happens in the world. Fashions fade, style is eternal.

No comments