×
26 Moments That Defined Street Style Photography

26 Moments That Defined Street Style Photography

Fashion is a very stressful place to work because of the demands of doing the shows - no one expects a writer to produce two books a year on the dot - but it's also a very toxic place to work. My dresses are very reasonably priced, for dresses that are cut on the body. Those fashion designers are just crazy; but aren't we all? If you wear clothes that don't suit you, you're a fashion victim. You have to wear clothes that make you look better. Fashion is made to become unfashionable.

I think the idea of mixing luxury and mass-market fashion is very modern, very now - no one wears head-to-toe designer anymore. Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity. That is the key of this collection, being yourself. Don't be into trends. Don't make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live. Vanity is the healthiest thing in life. I always thought what you wore underneath was as important as what you wear on top.

You cannot be creative with people around you. In a meat-eating world, wearing leather for shoes and clothes and even handbags, the discussion of fur is childish. Design is a series of creative choices - it's a collaborative effort, an evolutionary process. You choose your fabrics depending upon what you want to say, then you work with mills to get those fabrics. Through the process, you realize what you want it to be. Every day I'm thinking about change. Brides today are increasingly sensitive to the tastes, feelings and finances of their attendants.


It's useless to send models out on the runway to cry. Give me time and I'll give you a revolution. Luxury will be always around, no matter what happens in the world. Money doesn't buy elegance. You can take an inexpensive sheath, add a pretty scarf, gray shoes, and a wonderful bag, and it will always be elegant. First I made a dress because I was pregnant and I wanted to be the most beautiful pregnant woman. Then I made a sweater because I wanted to have one that wasn't like anyone else's.

I like to be real. I don't like things to be staged or fussy. Brides today are increasingly sensitive to the tastes, feelings and finances of their attendants. Fashion is always of the time in which you live. It is not something standing alone. But the grand problem, the most important problem, is to rejeuvenate women. To make women look young. Then their outlook changes. They feel more joyous. I would like to be a one-man multinational fashion phenomenon. I think it's an old fashioned notion that fashion needs to be exclusive to be fashionable.

Brides today are increasingly sensitive to the tastes, feelings and finances of their attendants. I love things that age well - things that don't date, that stand the test of time and that become living examples of the absolute best. A woman is never sexier than when she is comfortable in her clothes. First I made a dress because I was pregnant and I wanted to be the most beautiful pregnant woman. Then I made a sweater because I wanted to have one that wasn't like anyone else's. Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury.

1 comment