×
10 Fun Ways to Get Fit Without Going to the Gym

10 Fun Ways to Get Fit Without Going to the Gym

Fashion can be this mysterious thing that you can't explain. I love my beauty. It's not my fault. Even Michelangelo got paid for doing the Sistine Chapel. To those artists who say they're doing it for the love of art, I say: Get real. I can design a collection in a day and I always do, cause I've always got a load of Italians on my back, moaning that it's late. I am what I am. Before I was not so proud to make fashion. My family thought fashion wasn't very interesting. So I hid that.


Age and size are only numbers. It's the attitude you bring to clothes that make the difference. I try to contrast; life today is full of contrast... We have to change. I think I'd go mad if I didn't have a place to escape to. Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it. Never in my wildest dreams did I entertain the idea that I would become a fashion designer.

Nostalgia is a very complicated subject for me. I'm attracted by nostalgia but I refuse it intellectually. Fashion is made to become unfashionable. I have my permanent muses and my muses of the moment. I can't get sucked into that celebrity thing, because I think it's just crass. We look our best in subdued colors, sophisticated cuts, and a general air of sleek understatement.

You have to stay true to your heritage; that's what your brand is about. Fashions fade, style is eternal. My relationships with producers or photographers - these are relationships that took years. I don't like trends. They tend to make everybody look the same. What I hate is nasty, ugly people.

No comments