×
73 Questions With Gigi Hadid | Vogue

73 Questions With Gigi Hadid | Vogue


I couldn't love a woman who inspired me to be totally disinterested. If I fell in love with a woman for an artistic reason, or from the point of view of my work, I think it would rob her of something. There are always protests, whether you do something good or bad. Even if you do something beneficial, people say you do it because it's advertising. I like the irony in my work. Everything I do is a matter of heart, body and soul. Fashion is made to become unfashionable.

H2 Heading Tag

I've treated the waistcoat as if it were a corset, so that it becomes the first layer in the process of putting clothes on the body. There is constant motion between layering and revealing. Today, I'm very happy about myself, because I realized my dreams. I learned how to understand what people want. You can only go forward by making mistakes. I've treated the waistcoat as if it were a corset, so that it becomes the first layer in the process of putting clothes on the body. There is constant motion between layering and revealing. I am not interested in shock tactics. I just want to make beautiful clothes.

H3 Heading Tag

I didn't want to be a fashion designer, and for a good half of my career I didn't like it. I always wanted to do other things. Women are women, and hurray for that. Design is a constant challenge to balance comfort with luxe, the practical with the desirable. I think I'd go mad if I didn't have a place to escape to. Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it.

No comments