×
Sad elegant woman with a hat sitting at the table

Sad elegant woman with a hat sitting at the table

Age is something only in your head or a stereotype. Age means nothing when you are passionate about something. Success isn't about the end result, it's about what you learn along the way. I don't try to be in fashion; I don't try to follow trends. You just end up out of fashion that way. Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury. I would like to be a one-man multinational fashion phenomenon.

Confidence. If you have it, you can make anything look good. Fashion fosters cliches of beauty, but I want to tear them apart. Jeans represent democracy in fashion. Never in my wildest dreams did I entertain the idea that I would become a fashion designer. In a meat-eating world, wearing leather for shoes and clothes and even handbags, the discussion of fur is childish.


If you wear clothes that don't suit you, you're a fashion victim. You have to wear clothes that make you look better. For me, art is about learning and about living with people. It's alive. I think in the darkest moments, we need a break. Clothes can transform your mood and confidence. Delete the negative; accentuate the positive!

I am especially grateful that I have been able to keep my own style over the decades, in spite of the many changes that have taken place in the world of fashion and in its business. I love women's fashion, but women don't need me as much as men do. It's the men who have nothing to wear. Design and style should work toward making you look good and feel good without a lot of effort so you can get on with the things that matter. I never like to think that I design for a particular person. I design for the woman I wanted to be, the woman I used to be, and - to some degree - the woman I'm still a little piece of. It's useless to send models out on the runway to cry.

1 comment

  1. If you wear clothes that don't suit you, you're a fashion victim. You have to wear clothes that make you look better. For me, art is about learning and about living with people.

    ReplyDelete