×
Street Style: The Best Looks from Around the World

Street Style: The Best Looks from Around the World

Luxury will be always around, no matter what happens in the world. The great thing about fashion is that it always looks forward. I want to thank all the women who have worn my clothes, the famous and the unknown, who have been so faithful to me and given me so much joy. Fashion should be fun. It shouldn't be labelled intellectual. A woman has the age she deserves.

I think in the darkest moments, we need a break. A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. I didn't like the '80s at all; it was a vulgar moment of fashion. Success isn't about the end result, it's about what you learn along the way. Men don't want another man to look at their woman because they don't know how to handle it.

Street Style Photography

Attitude is everything. Fashion is a very stressful place to work because of the demands of doing the shows - no one expects a writer to produce two books a year on the dot - but it's also a very toxic place to work. Fashion should be fun. It shouldn't be labelled intellectual. Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind. I am what I am. Before I was not so proud to make fashion. My family thought fashion wasn't very interesting. So I hid that.

The key to my collections is sensuality. My shows are about the complete woman who swallows it all. It's a question of survival. I think the idea of mixing luxury and mass-market fashion is very modern, very now - no one wears head-to-toe designer anymore. My dresses are very reasonably priced, for dresses that are cut on the body. Elegance isn't solely defined by what you wear. It's how you carry yourself, how you speak, what you read.

3 comments